What is one thing you should always splurge on?

Hay Friends Of Bitter, Bitter Coffee Park this Time will invite you in the stile of the chat coffe shops on:
What is one thing you should always splurge on?
John Mullen, BA Economics, University of Chicago (2008)
Answered Aug 15, 2018· Author has 336 answers and 247k answer views
For men, I think it is worth it to invest in a pair of high quality dress shoes.

No, not the $800 prada whatevers. Not a bunch of different styles. Just invest in 2 pairs of timeliness dress shoes (black and some sort of brown - walnut, bourbon, etc.)

If taken care of properly a solid pair of shoes from a place like Allen Edmonds will last you for 10–20 years. And even after that they offer recrafting services that will set you back $100 to extend the lifetime another 10+years.

Instead of churning through a more cheaply made, fitting, and looking $80 pair of shoes every 1–2 years you have 2 pairs of shoes that you can go to for a black tie event down to dressing up jeans and a collared shirt.

Baca Juga
They look smart, and it definitely makes a solid impression.

Edit: I suppose when you say “always splurge” I don’t really consider this a splurge since you are spending this money every decade or so.

Sean Kernan, Son of Quora
Answered Aug 11, 2018· Author has 2.6k answers and 155.1m answer views
Either save up for or when you start getting your first big paychecks:

A quality mattress.

I bought a nice California King Mattress, and let me tell you, it is a life changer.

The trick is to invest a couple hours in trying out mattresses, find one that is firm - but not tooooo firm.

It will be a bit pricey - but mattresses last a long time and you’ll be spending 1/3 of your life in bed - why not drop a few bucks?

If you share the bed with a person (or a few animals) quality mattresses will reduce the herky jerk feeling of other people (or animals) moving around at night.

You are basically investing in sleeping better and preventing back problems.

Quality Mattress = Worth.

Rebecca Benison, Advocate for humanity, nature, and science
Answered Aug 11, 2018· Author has 82 answers and 9.4k answer views
Maybe not “always,” but I love splurging on shampoo and conditioner. There really is a difference as you start paying more for certain hair products.

You won’t be choosing between strawberry or citrus scents, you’ll be choosing whatever suits your hair - and it will smell divine regardless. Your hair will be smoother and softer and you’ll run your fingers through it, shocked that your hair could feel and smell this wonderful.
Even the act of washing and conditioning will feel different. Expensive conditioner feels silkier as you apply it, and feeling your hair as you rinse it out is remarkably different, too. It’s so much softer and easier to run your fingers through, even when wet.

This is one of the few products I give myself permission to splurge on.

Debra Grasso, lives in USA Mid-Atlantic (2000-present)
Answered Aug 11, 2018· Author has 2.4k answers and 1m answer views
High quality pots, pans, bakeware and cookie sheets. and knives. If you buy the best that you can afford, they will last a lifetime. The exception to this would be non-stick type pans. All the non-stick pans I have tried needed to be replaced after 7 years on average.

My stainless steel pot and pan set is over 30 years old, as are my stainless steel mixing bowl set, French white Corning Ware serving set, Pyrex glass bakeware and measuring cups, Oneida flatware.

Minerva Stowe, BA Anthropology & Sociology, Simon Fraser University
Answered Sep 26, 2018· Author has 134 answers and 6.9k answer views
Originally Answered: 
What things should you always splurge on?
A good principle to keep in mind when spending money is productive vs. unproductive capital. If you save up and buy a factory, you are spending productively. If you buy yourself a ton of clothes or luxury goods, it is unproductive in that it will not generate income.

I don't recommend exclusively being practical though. If your loved ones appreciate gifts, and the intent behind it, its a good idea to do.

If you do splurge on things for yourself, buy good quality.

Tools, furniture, kitchen wares etc are all going to be used indefinitely, so its a good idea to get good stuff.

Buying at least one amazing suit is always a good idea, especially for men.

Intangible, unimportant, and transient items like buying unlocks on video games is probably the worst way to spend money.

I consider conspicuous spending to gain social status also not to be worth it, but it is actually very pivotal to some professions, and it makes some people happy: so it has a role.

Eric Davis, Quality Systems Director
Answered Aug 11, 2018· Author has 248 answers and 41.8k answer views
I feel like a good answer to this is a climbing equipment.

If I’m going to be trying to climbing any intense cliffs or something (I assure you that I’m not), then I feel like I want to make sure that I have the best climbing equipment that I can afford.

I was going to initially say “a parachute” but it occurred to me that if my parachute failed, I’d likely just die. If some of my climbing gear failed, there’s a good chance that I’d die, but it’s also possible that I would fall, break my spine or legs, and be unable to get help before I died some time, perhaps days, later.

I’d rather not have that happen.

Answered Aug 13, 2018· Author has 123 answers and 22.6k answer views
There are some very good answers here already, but I will add, good quality shoes.

I developed some foot problems when I was younger. I was wearing poorly made, poorly fitting, cheap shoes for years. Now I wear good quality shoes, even heels and such, and I never get foot pain anymore!

There is a single brand I buy all of my shoes from. I usually wait til they are on sale. Why do I only buy from one brand? Not only are they stylish, but they are well made and always comfortable! So try to find a good brand that consistently makes quality shoes that look and feel great on your feet. I’m not talking about “designer,” but better quality than the really cheap ones.

I find that $150-$300 is a good price point for quality. That depends where you live, of course. I never pay $300, but I have bought ones that we that price before they went on sale.

Jeff Pinner, Not as evolved as my age suggests. Still plays with trains.
Answered Aug 11, 2018· Author has 1.8kanswers and 759.2k answer views
There are no such things a cheap paper products. 
Paper towels: 
White Bounty Select-a-Size. Kleenex brand two ply. 
Toilet paper: 
○ Cottonel Heavy Duty.

It took two years after our marriage for me to convince my darling wife of the truth of this simple fact. She kept trying every bargain brand in the store until I informed her that one more bleeding hemeroid due to her false frugality would result in my retention of legal counsel.

There is no such thing as cheap paper products.

Answered Sep 26, 2018· Author has 208 answers and 10.1k answer views
Originally Answered: 
What things should you always splurge on?
That depends on where you are in life. But you should never splurge on anything to either:
a) keep up with others, 
b) go into debt, talking credit card here, 
c) to fill an emotional void. 
Things I used to do regularly, are now things I splurge on. “Splurging” is a very personal thing for each of us. Just be cognizant of what you are doing and why.

Wayne Ruffner, getting older and doing just fine.
Answered Aug 11, 2018· Author has 918 answers and 177k answer views
I don't drink a lot, but have learned that there's no reason to drink crappy liquor or beer. The difference between junk and the good stuff is profound.

(I'm not suggesting going straight to the most expensive stuff, especially if you can't yet recognize the diff. In fact, rarely is the most expensive worth it, in my experience.)

Besides tasting a lot better (no, really really far better), the next day is a lot easier even if you overdo.

And friends appreciate it too.
Baca Juga:
  1. Cinta Akan Mengajarkan Kebaikan
  2. Cinta Bisa Datang Kapan Saja
  3. Cinta Membuatmu Tidak Merasa Sendiri
  4. Cinta Tidak Memaksakan Perhatian
  5. Cinta Yang Mampu Membuat Hidup Dan Pribadi Sahabat Bitter Lebih Baik
  6. Cinta Yang Membuatmu Bahagia Dan Sedih
  7. Definisi Sukses yang Wajib Sahabat Bitter Ketahui
  8. Kebaikan Menanam Kebaikan
  9. Kebimbangan Akan Membuat Cinta Sejati Sahabat Bitter Datang Terlambat
  10. Kita Harus Menghapus Masa Lalu Yang Suram
  11. Kunci Kebahagiaan Hidup Ala Bitter Coffee Park
  12. Menggapai Mimpi Yang Besar
  13. Motivasi Kehidupan Dari Cinta Sejati
  14. Pentingnya Mengendalikan Kemarahan
  15. Saatnya Menjadi Bahagia Dan Belajar Mencintai
  16. Semua Yang Bernyawa Pasti Mati
  17. Tebarkan Cinta Kasih Untuk Sesama
Baca Juga:
  1. 6 Cara Berfikir Lebih Jernih Tentang Mantan
  2. Cara Mengetahui Sikap Dan Sifat Wanita Yang Tidak Setia (Selingkuh)
  3. Cara Mengetahui Wanita Berpotensi Menjadi Pelakor
  4. Cara Menggapai Sukses Dalam Hidup
  5. Cara Menghargai Mantan Pacar Kita
  6. Cara Menjadi Suami Yang Baik Ala Bitter Coffee Park
  7. Cara Menjalin Hubungan Dengan Mantan Untuk Menjadi Sahabat
  8. Cara Menoreh Kenangan Indah Ketika Masih Berumur Dua Puluhan
  9. Cara Pacaran Ala Bitter Coffee Park
  10. Cara Untuk Menghargai Orang Lain
  11. Cara Mengetahui, Memcegah Dan Mengatasi Persilingkuhan
☆☆☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obrolan yang baik bukan hanya sebuah obrolan yang mengkritik saja, tetapi juga memberi saran dan dimana saran dan kritik tersebut terulas kekurangan dan kelebihan dari saran dan kritik.

BERIKAN OPINI SAHABAT BITTER TENTANG TULISAN TERSEBUT